Nobody wants to be half way through there day and trying to reapply their make-up at the beach. You also don't want the sweat lines from your foundation running down your face. Here are some great ways to keep your make-up looking great through the hot summer days.
1. Use A Primer. Primer's will make your make-up go on smoother, moisturize your skin and last much longer then your make-up would without it. They also have an SPF in them as well. But be sure to reapply sunscreen if you are going to be in the sun all day.
2. Avoid Heavy Foundations. Most liquid and cream foundations contain oil in them which will sweat off in the sun giving you a streaky look. Try using a powder instead. If you would rather have something with more coverage, use a cc cream. They moisturize your skin, contain an SPF and provide great coverage. The coverage is so good because it soaks into the skin, so it doesn't sit on top of it and it works for all skin types.
3. Use A Brush And Nix The Sponge. Sponges apply make-up much heavier then a brush will. When using a powder you want a light hand to apply an even coat. Using a brush will give you a lighter, more natural finish.
4. Make Your Eye Liner Last. For the summer, liquid liner is too much, and crayon liners will melt off. To have great eyeliner, apply with a pencil liner 1st then top with an eye shadow of the same color. It will make the liner pop and stay on longer. Make sure to use an eye shadow primer 1st.
5. Stick With 1 Shadow Color. If you are going to an event or something special, then play up the eyes with one of your normal looks. But for an every day summer look, keep it simple. Stick to one color on your lids.
6. Avoid Dark Lips. Dark lipstick is gorgeous, but harder to touch-up. While you can help seal it in with a powder or by lining your lips 1st with a lip liner, it's just best to switch to a lighter color. They are easier to fix and you can wear them all day a lot easier.
7. No Lip Gloss. Did you know that lip gloss attracts sunlight, which can lead to sun burnt lips? Well, it can! Ouch! If you are looking still to have a hint of color, try a tinted lip balm instead. You can apply one that has SPF so you won't have burnt lips.
Summer days are some of the best days. All the fun and memories you make, shouldn't be with half smeared make-up on your face. For all of those who love to go bare faced, more power to you. For those of us that prefer a little something, hope these tips help!
Tips From: Reader's Digest
Article: Summer Make-up Tricks: 9 Ways To Make Your Make-up Last In The Heat