1. Never Skip. Put applying sunscreen into your daily routine. Whether it is actual sunscreen or a moisturizer with SPF in it, be sure to apply it every day. Any time you forget, that is aging your skin by creating fine lines and wrinkles.
2. SPF 30. Every day before you leave, make sure you apply an SPF of 30. That is the daily recommendation by the American Academy of Dermatology. Use a nickel sized amount for your face, so you get optimal coverage. Most people tend to use less then that.
3. Chemical & Physical. There are 2 different types of sunscreens chemical and physical. Chemical absorbs into your skin, which can take up to 30mins to fully soak in. This one is great to apply at work on your break so your skin has time to fully soak it in. Physical immediately starts protecting your skin as soon as it is applied. This is great if you are at the beach or outdoors and need to reapply. You should apply sunscreen when outdoors every 2 hours.
4. Nothing Is Completely Water Proof. Even if you use waterproof sunscreen, it doesn't last. Once you are out of the water, you should put it on again. Even if you are just running errands, the sunscreen can sweat off. Apply every 2 hours.
5. Roll on SPF. They make a balm or roll on SPF that is great for applying to your face, ears, neck and lips. This are areas that you might not think about burning but they do, and it hurts.
6. Spray Sunscreen. The spray versions are a quick and easy way to apply sunscreen. Make sure you rub it in and spray every where. When you don't rub it in properly, it can lead to a disaster.
7. BB or CC cream. BB and CC creams are tinted foundations that you apply to your face and neck. They also have moisturizer and SPF in them. This is great if you are going to an outdoor event. They give even coverage, and a smooth, even skin tone.
Be sure to always protect your skin from the sun, don't forget your SPF.